Interurban Rail Car # 501 in Van Alstyne, Texas was built by American Car in 1913, Order #989, as Southern Traction Co 501. It became TERy 501 in 1917, and was retired in 1949 to be sold as a shed.
Check out how it looked when Van Alstyne received it 30 years ago, and note the original color. Also see these pics of cars made in the same lot.
Info on the green one below, the original color: 509 was built by American Car in 1913, Order #990, as Southern Traction 601, a trailer. It became TE 601 in 1917 and was rebuilt in 1934 to motor car 509. After abandonment it was sold to N. L. Everett in Palmer, TX, in 1949.
Some more pics of similar car models in the same lot: #’s 504, 507, 508
The Interurban cars located in Van Alstyne were donated to the city to be restored and used for an elaborate park, but have been sitting for over 30 years. The park has been since forgotten, and they have not been restored to date. It is noteworthy to mention one of the cars has recently been modified into a stage for various functions hosted by the Chamber of Commerce.